Published: 17 June 2013
- Bailey, Michael E. "Surrogates for Deliberation and the United States Constitution." Polity 34, no. 4 (2002): 533-52.
- Crum, Ben. "Party Stances in the Referendums on the Eu Constitution: Causes and Consequences of Competition and Collusion." European Union Politics 8, no. 1 (2007): 61-82.
- Dahl, Robert Alan. How Democratic Is the American Constitution? New Haven: Yale University Press, 2003.
- Hurrelmann, Achim. "European Democracy, the 'Permissive Consensus' and the Collapse of the Eu Constitution." European Law Journal 13, no. 3 (2007): 343-59.
- Kantaria, S. "Can the European Union Draft Constitution Be Considered a Constitution by the People and for the People?" European Journal of Law Reform 6, no. 1/2 (2004): 231-44.
- Kramer, Larry D. The People Themselves: Popular Constitutionalism and Judicial Review. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005.
- Ladeur, Karl-Heinz. "'We, the European People...' Relache?" European Law Journal 14, no. 2 (2008): 147-67.
- Levinson, Sanford. Our Undemocratic Constitution: Where the Constitution Goes Wrong (and How We the People Can Correct It). Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Lubbers, M. "Regarding the Dutch 'Nee' to the European Constitution: A Test of the Identity, Utilitarian and Political Approaches to Voting 'No'." European Union Politics 9, no. 1 (2008): 59-86.
- Moussis, Nicolas. The European Union with or without a Constitution: A Response to Citizens' Questions. Rixensart: European Study Service, 2005.
- Mutua, M. "The Iraq Paradox: Minority and Group Rights in a Viable Constitution." Buffalo Law Review 54, no. 3 (2006): 927-55.
- Schuck, A., and C. de Vreese. "The Dutch No to the Eu Constitution: Assessing the Role of Eu Skepticism and the Campaign." Journal of Elections, Public Opinions and Parties 18, no. 1 (2008): 101-28.
- Synnove, Skjelten. A People's Constitution: Public Participation in the South African Constitution-Making Process. Midrand: Institute for Global Dialogue, 2006.